Oudegracht 133. This tiny canal house is the smallest house on the Oudegracht, and dates back to the 14th century. At that time, many Utrecht buildings were made of wood, but the city petrified over the centuries because of fire hazards. This house, too, was originally made of wood, and the wood frame is still visible in the side facade. The front facade did petrify in the 17th century and was replaced by the current bell gable in the 18th century. The shop front dates from the 1976 restoration.Originally larger, the small house was divided in two in 1581. As a result, the property has several cellars. Meanwhile, the historic merchant's house has been used as a retail space for many years, and since 2006 you can find jewellery shop Pracht here.
This artworks is offered by In Utrecht
Utrecht is beautiful!
Wil je een werk kopen dat je kent van mijn In Utrecht instagram/facebook/twitterpagina maar niet ziet in deze shop? Stuur dan even een e-mail naar email@example.com
Donker Utrecht is mijn andere serie: https://donkerutrecht.werkaandemuur.nl/nl